Start Taking Action With Confidence! Put these 3 Things On Your NOT-TO-DO List Today!
Having worked in the entertainment and logistics industry for over twenty years, I am well versed on the idea of fulfillment. We are busy fulfilling requests, processing orders and making sure that all the equipment & shows get to where they need to be, but we often forget about the most important kind of fulfillment, our own personal fulfillment.
In an industry where things are so high paced and fast moving, it can be easy to forget about ourselves!
It is hard to find the time to focus on yourself and really uncover what true fulfillment is. What do you want to do with your life? What else is out there that you could be doing? Do you want to be doing something else with your life or are you happy doing what you are doing?
If you are truly happy in your job and where you are at this point in your life, be very proud of yourself! A recent study showed that 53% of Americans are currently unhappy at work. Think about that for a second. Half of the workforce is unhappy. That is tragic!
Most of us were brought up knowing we can be anything we want to be, however, somewhere along the line that anything became EVERYTHING, and it can be really hard to balance all of these expectations that are put on us.
Now, I am not saying that you need to quit your job! What I am saying is that this is a really good opportunity to take a long, hard look at where you are focusing your energy and your priorities.
Are you focused on the wrong type of fulfillment?
Here is a list of FIVE THINGS YOU CAN DO IF YOU ARE READY TO FOCUS ON THE “OTHER” FULFILLMENT.
One - Start asking yourself, what do I want?
When you ask that question, don't ask yourself what does my boss want? what do my kids want? what does my spouse want? what does society want? REALLY ask yourself what you want and if the answer is I want to quit my job, then ask yourself why? I would challenge you by saying that quitting your job and finding another job is probably not going to change anything BUT there is a way to enjoy what you are doing and also find fulfillment in your life.
Two - Pay attention to the answer.
We live in a society where we are told by EVERYONE what their expectations of us are, but very rarely do we make that determination ourselves! It's time to start asking that question and then listening to the answer. It may not come right away and you may need to practice, but eventually, you are going to start to see and hear things in a different way that will start to answer that question for you.
Three - Take Action.
Once you start to answer the question of what do I REALLY want? It's very easy to make excuses for why it's not important. Again, this is society telling you that your needs are not as important as everybody else's. It's also your subconscious at work because your subconscious wants to keep you safe! You feel safe and happy going to work every day, coming home, making dinner, watching TV, reading a book, going to sleep, waking up, maybe going to the gym (maybe not), and then going to work again and repeat! The idea that you might want to do something different is very scary for your subconscious. As you slowly start to pull back some of the layers that have been stopping you from figuring out what you really want, the answers will be revealed and then you can quickly start to take action on them.
Do something today! I don't care if it is doing a google search on something that you used to enjoy as a child and now all of a sudden you started thinking about it again. Or maybe you want to sign up for a cooking class. Whatever it is, do something now towards that thing that you love, and as you begin to practice these three steps, the thing that you thought was the problem, might not be as bad as you once thought it was!
Four - Gratitude.
I want you to continuously practice gratitude for what you already have. The best way to attract more of what you want into your life is to celebrate it now. So if you want to be happy, if you want to feel a sense of freedom, if you want to feel a sense of joy and security and fulfillment, then start to act like you already have it in your life. Guess what's going to happen? You will have more of it! So I really want you to practice celebrating, being grateful for everything that you have in your life right now.
Five - Celebrate The Wins.
Celebrate the small wins in your life that are so easily overlooked. Every day you do so many things that you are so good at it! There's a reason that you're so respected in your field, but when you're doing those things, you don't even realize that what you're doing could be a challenge for somebody else. To celebrate that, know that you're good at it, and be proud of it and stop playing so small and not taking the credit you deserve. Know that you are good at what you do and over time, as you repeat these five steps, you're going to evolve into a place where you will feel more and more fulfilled every day.
That is my wish for you, to have both kinds of successful fulfillment in your life!
Are you ready to REALIZE YOUR FULL POTENTIAL and GAIN THE CONFIDENCE to start TAKING ACTION on your most PASSIONATE GOALS?
In this video I discuss the first phase of success - ACHIEVEMENT
What does success look like to you? • Financial Freedom • Supportive Relationships • Confidence in Your Decisions • Advancement in Your Career • Respect From Your Peers • Pride in Your Home • Happiness in Your Life • Time to Enjoy the Life You’ve Created!!!
This can all be yours. With my simple 6 Phase system you can achieve any dream you can think of.
If you would like to learn more about my signature system check out my video series on Youtube: The 6 Phases for Achieving Success
Here are 5 Tips to help you begin living your purpose, find success AND make money while doing it! I challenge you to review these tips often and find ways to implement them into your life EACH WEEK until they become second nature.
1) ALIGN YOUR ATTITUDE
The first tip is about your attitude and making sure your attitude is aligned with the idea that you ready go after your dream. It is so important to develop and stick to an attitude that is not going to let you fail.
There are two key components to the attitude adjustment:
First, maintain an attitude that what it is that you deserve in your life is already coming to you. This is a big shift because, for a lot of us, we live in a place of, “I want”, “I need” and when we use these types of words, we are coming from a place of lack. When you change your attitude to the perspective of:
"This is my purpose, I do deserve this in my life."
You are going to be so surprised at how fast you start to see new opportunities that are going to help you move towards that purpose.
Secondly, on this journey be sure to maintain gratitude for what you already have. Though you may not see it at the moment,
You are a lot closer than you think.
There's a reason this is important to you. Being grateful for what you have and then welcoming in the opportunities to be able to grow in that purpose is going to bring you regular abundance.
Your job is to feel it and trust it.
2) EMBRACE FAILURE
WHAT?!?! Did she just say the way to succeed is to fail??? Yep, I did!
Some of the most successful people in this world failed quite a few times before they actually succeeded. Did you know Steve Jobs was once fired from Apple, Bill Gates was a Harvard drop-out, JK Rowling went from a failed marriage and a having no job to writing one of the most successful book series of all times.
This concept of embracing failure was once really hard for me. I am very successful and respected in my corporate career, and the idea of trying something new and failing at it scared me to death! I always want to be the best at everything I do. Embracing failure and living this mindset change has helped me learn so much about myself and has helped me grow in my entrepreneurial pursuits, as well as my corporate job because I’m more open to trying things that I would never have considered before.
Often, when things get hard, we choose to find the failure as a sign that we are not on our path to our life's purpose and instead we switch over to something else. We reason that we aren’t good at “A” so let’s try “B” instead. This attitude simply reinforces that we are a failure because we never take the time to work on the new skill to the point that we can see the outcome we desire.
What if we
Take those failures and learn from them?
Next time you find yourself mad or embarrassed by a failure, don’t run and hide. Instead, look at the process:
Is there something you can tweak to realize a different result? What tools are you missing to be able to succeed next time?
Figure out what those are, embrace that fear of failure, and start to learn from your mistakes.
3) PUT IN THE TIME
If you truly want to live your purpose, find success, and make money while you're doing it, you have to find the time to focus on your desired outcome.
Do not compromise the important for the urgent.
We spend so much time in our lives putting out all the fires and doing all the “urgent” stuff that the important practice of you finding the time to step into who you are, and discover your best self, is often neglected. The sad reality is, you are allowing everything else to take priority.
One way to find the time is to pick the top three things every week that will help propel you towards your goal and schedule them on your calendar as non-negotiables. I don't want you to just do a bunch of things and check them off your to-do list. Instead,
Think about what you can do every day to move you closer to your goal of living your purpose and finding success, and execute!
4) PROVIDE VALUE EVERY DAY
Many people who want to make money living their purpose understand the value of providing value to their audience every day, but it is equally important if all you're doing is sharing your gifts with the world. If you don’t make sharing your gifts a priority, so many people are going to miss out on all the awesome opportunities that you have to share with them.
Most of us start our day with the “urgent” check-list and are so focused on putting out a fire that something has to give.
Stop playing small and share your gifts with the world.
To start, find a way every day to help get your gifts out into the world and provide value to all of us that deserve to learn from you and, do it for yourself too because you deserve to share them.
If you're looking at this from a monetizing perspective, the more value you are able to provide to those that need to hear your message, the more they are going to know that you are able to help them on their journey and the more likely they are going to be to buy from you.
5) INVEST IN YOURSELF
I want you to invest in yourself. This is a hard one because until you are truly ready to commit, there will be an excuse. “When I have money, when I have time” There is always a reason that we don't pursue what it is that we know in our heart of hearts we should be doing every day to be able to grow. When I say invest in yourself, this could be investing in a housekeeper or somebody that is going to take doing the laundry off of your plate so that you have more time to work on what it is that will get you closer to your purpose and find success. It could be paying for a course or a program. As I mentioned in the embrace failure tip, you may have failed because you don't yet have the knowledge to grow.
Investing in the resources can give you the knowledge you need to get you closer to your purpose.
Another great way to accelerate your path to your purpose, find success and make money is to
Invest in a coach
A coach is going to be able to help you figure out the steps you need to get closer to that purpose and that success. She is also going to be able to help you hold yourself accountable for what it is that is really important to you, find the time to pursue your dreams, and help you fix your mindset so you can begin to live your best life now!!
So that’s it! I’d love to hear from you on how you are implementing these tips and the success you find in achieving your purpose.
I am so happy to report my long lingering cold is finally gone! This cold lasted for two weeks and just wouldn’t quit! I remember feeling it coming on with that tell-tale tickle in my nose. That same day, I had a huge project for work that kept me up all night long. Of course, this didn’t help my cold and by the morning I was all sniffles and sore throat to the point that I lost my voice! I never got a fever, but I was walking around in a haze.
It would have been so easy to just curl up in bed and be miserable, but I have a life I want to enjoy every day and I wasn’t going to let this little cold get in the way!
OK – If you are reading this right now and are one of the “lucky” people dealing with the full-blown FLU, then it is time to take a break and practice some self-care. Get better and then jump back into life. What I am talking about is that annoying cold that just hangs on and keeps trying to bring you down.
This is my reminder to you that happiness begins with us. This may seem like a very simple concept, but for a lot of people it can be a hard one, especially when you have a cold!
Here’s the deal. There is only ONE PERSON who can truly affect your mood today, that person is you! Every day we get to choose whether we are going to let these outside influences affect us or not.
This may seem crazy, you may be like…yeah right Jen, how the heck am I supposed to be happy when the press keeps delivering bad news, I have been fighting a cold for the past two weeks and my kid forgot he had a project due and our whole weekend was ruined working on that instead of what I had planned?
I totally get it! We all have terrible, horrible, no good days where our thoughts want to derail us, but when this starts to happen and these negative thoughts start to sink into my psyche, I take a step back and ask the question:
What can I DO to make the best of this situation, what is the positive outcome that can come of this?
In the case of my cold, I decided that there were still things I could enjoy. Spending time with my husband eating hot soup, contributing at work, even going for a walk helped me snap out of my cold funk and enjoy my day. The cold was not me, the cold was something I was dealing with while continuing to live my life.
If you are feeling a funk coming on, sickness or otherwise, my challenge to you is to see what you can enjoy even when life isn’t perfect. Because guess what?
If we wait for life to be perfect to start enjoying it, we will be living on hold for a very long time.
So, here’s to you making today your perfect imperfect day!!
Technology can be a great tool for increasing productivity, but it is just that; a TOOL. It is up to us to decide which tools we will use and how we will use them. I often find the tools we think will save us time can be our worst enemy. Email for example, what a fabulous invention to be able to drop a quick note to anyone we want instantaneously! The problem comes when we rely on this instead of the human interaction we need to build relationships and get things done. It also becomes a productivity suck when we spend all day doing email instead of the tasks we planned to get done when the day started.
In this post, I highlight a few of my favorite non-tech tools I use everyday to increase my productivity
- Paper Planner – I LOVE my planner! I love writing in my planner, blocking out time for my top milestones and using it to refer back to what the goals were I set for my day, my week and my month. I specifically use a Passion Planner because it also has a great mind-map tool at the beginning and thought provoking monthly questions to see how you are progressing and staying on track. **The inside layout below is courtesy of Chelsea Brown.
- Notebook for notes – I also keep a regular notebook with me in my bag at all times. I use this for taking notes and jotting down my random thoughts that will eventually contribute to one of my many projects I am pursuing. It’s also great to keep nearby when I reading a book to jot down notes or quotes that I want to remember later.
- White Board – I have a White board on the wall of my office. I use most of it with my team when we are trying to explain a certain point, but I also have a list of goals down the right hand side with our big Milestones for the year. Whenever I feel like I’m floating and need some direction I can just look up and get my focus back.
- Turn off electronics –Raise your hand if you can relate to that little notification window that pops up whenever you get a new email or message? What’s the first thing you want to do? CHECK IT!! Our body actually has a physical reaction to the dopamine release we get from these notifications. It may feel good at the moment, but the reality is its pulling our focus and reducing our productivity. Talk about a non-tech tool! Shutting off email and shutting off your phone is guaranteed to reduce the distractions.
- Vision Board – Not only can a vision board help you get clarity on what it is you want, but it will also help you keep the focus on achieving it. Whether consciously or subconsciously, putting your vision out into the universe is going to get you closer to achieving those goals.
And finally, the number 1 most important non-tech tool for increasing productivity is...drum role please….
It takes no technology…ZERO…to TAKE ACTION ON YOUR GOALS.
So, what’s stopping you? Now is the time! So, shut off that phone and get going!
One of my favorite go-tos for Stress Free Lunches are Pre-Set Salads. I make a Tupperware each Sunday and have it for lunch all week.
- Any other Veggies you want to add (I would skip the tomatoes since those make the rest of the veggies soggy)
All veggies in a large Tupperware.
When ready to eat
Toss with some pre-washed greens and your favorite dressing.
Voila, Instant salad!
Setting clear goals can often be a roadblock for people who are trying to move forward in their lives.
This 5 step guide will help take the guess work out of goal making and help get you on your path to success.
- The more SPECIFIC you can make your goal, the easier it will be to stay on track!
- MEASURABLE goals are the key to accountability!
- What resources do you have/need to ACHIEVE your goals?
- If the goal is not truly RELEVANT to YOU, you are setting yourself up to fail.
- "Work expands to fill the TIME available for its completion" ~ Parkinson's Law
[video width="640" height="360" m4v="http://jenniferfrostcoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/SMART-Goal-Setting-iPod-iPhone.m4v"][/video]
The other night I googled "I want to be happy" and the first three articles that popped up were all about things you need to stop doing or you need to give up to be happy.
First of all, how can you start your mission to be positive with a negative? So as Willy Wonka would say Strike that reverse it. Here is a list of..
10 things you can do RIGHT NOW if you want to begin to LIVE A HAPPIER LIFE...
1) EXPRESS GRATITUDE - What better way to increase your happiness level than by recognizing something positive in your life. This doesn't have to be a big thing, it could be as simple as being thankful it is sunny out or that your socks match - yes for a lot of us this can be a big accomplishment! Whatever it is, finding even the simplest thing to be grateful for can really change your perspective on the day.
2) FIND YOUR POSITIVE IN THE NEGATIVE - Allowing ourselves to give up the idea that we need to be perfect and instead finding joy in the small moments can change your perspective on the whole day. So you got stuck at every light on the way to drop your kids off at school? Sure you are now late for your next stop, but rather than be frustrated take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that you have 5 more minutes with the little one before they grow up on you.
3) APPRECIATE YOUR SURROUNDINGS - Whenever I go for a walk around the lake near my house I always end at the same spot to stretch. I spend a few minutes stretching and appreciating the day and the view. I call this my "gratitude spot". Even when I'm getting anxious thinking about what the day has in store, this process brings me back to center because the spot has a feeling of joy and peace for me.
4) SET YOUR INTENTIONS FOR THE DAY - Most of us wake up and hit the ground running. Taking just a couple of minutes before the sleep wears off to think about how you will see the day can mean the difference between resenting your co-worker or recognizing that just because they are going to see things from a negative perspective doesn't mean you need to fall into the same trap.
5) SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE - You can choose between people who will bring you down or lift you up. Happiness is easier with people who will do the later.
6) FILL YOUR MIND WITH POSITIVE STORIES - The subconscious is a powerful thing and training it to discard the negative is a powerful tool. The best way to start this is by replacing these thoughts of fear and self-doubt with stories of positivity. They don't even have to be real, what you dream is what you will become.
7) GIFT SOMETHING TO SOMEONE - This could be as simple as a handwritten note expressing your gratitude. In fact, I would venture to say you will feel even better giving that hand written note than you would giving someone something that you bought.
8) IDENTIFY YOUR VENT FRIEND - We all need that one friend who we can call when we are down. The one who can either snap us out of it, commiserate on the massive revenge we really, really want to execute, and then will give us a good laugh or a cry when the time comes. Even when you don't have a chance to call them in the moment, try thinking "what would my vent friend say right now?", SMILE, and carry on...
9) MAKE SOMETHING - Creating something with your hands is a great way to take your mind off of the challenges and focus on something creative. Find something you enjoy such as cooking, crafting, gardening, or even making music. It doesn't have to be perfect it just has to come from the heart. And then... see suggestion #7
10) NAME ONE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF - When my husband is having a bad day and all he can see is the problems. I stop what I'm doing, look him in the eye, and say "tell me one good thing right now"! This simple sentence helps him pause and think about all the good things in life rather than being focused on whatever minor issue is at hand. You can also use this trick on your own brain, sometimes we all need the reminder!
There is nothing I enjoy more than having a healthy breakfast (usually yogurt) and setting my intentions for the day.
To be honest, this happens at my desk at work more than it does at my house, but I try to do it every day. Here is my process…
- I ask myself, What are my TOP THREE PRIORITIES for the day?
- When am I going to tackle them?
- I Write them in my planner. Yes, in an actual physical calendar, I find writing my tasks down in ink makes me that much more accountable to my daily plan.
- Then, I look at my scheduled meetings in Outlook and pencil them in. If I’ve double booked myself I reschedule my priority time, but I like to do it this way for two reasons:
1) I know if I turn on my computer and look at my Outlook calendar first, I will easily get sucked into email and other tasks before I have my plan for the day.
2) I am consciously making a choice to prioritize MY priorities and not someone else’s. If I pencil in the appointments first, I may get distracted by those priorities and not get to my own.
- Once I have my 3 big priorities and any scheduled meetings blocked for the day THEN and only THEN do I look at my emails. Why youask? For the same reasons I schedule my priorities before I write in my appointments. We’ve all gone down the email rabbit hole, answering just this “one quick email” and the next thing you know it is lunchtime!
If my time is blocked appropriately (and I stick to it) the emails will get handled and I will get my priorities done.
The stick to it part is the hardest, but this is also why I like my physical calendar. It sits on my desk as a reminder of what I intend to do that day and when I feel myself drifting off course I can look back for a quick reminder.
My challenge to you is to try it for 1 week and see how productive you can become.
Comment below and let me know how it works for you or if you use a different system for setting your intentions.
Who wouldn’t want to live their BEST GOOD LIFE? Well, I’m here to tell you, you can! This past December I sat down to evaluate where I was, what I was doing, and where I wanted to go. And you know what I realized? I was pretty darn close to where I wanted to be. I also realized my gifts were in seeing the positive (in life and in people), developing a plan, finding solutions and executing on these plans & solutions.
When I see an obstacle I see a challenge and a learning experience so why not share those learnings with others? I’m excited about where this journey can take us and, maybe just maybe, I can help you on your journey in finding your Best Good Life!